Thanks for dropping into my Designblog



04 November 2010


Highly personal space.
Krister Blær, my oldest son has inherited his mums travelling genes and loves the thought of being an exchange student, just like I did, therefore we are lucky enough to have a German exchange student, a boy living with us at the moment. There is something so exciting about living with total strangers, getting to know a different culture, not being able to understand a word, felling a bit vulnerable and at the same time, ready for a new challenge, this is how I imagine this boy must have felt when he sat in our car on the way to our home last night – at least this is how I felt when I arrived in Australia at the age of 17, so happy and ready to spend one year with strangers that later became my very good friends. Their highly personal space became my personal space as well.

Many designers have beautiful and exciting homes and today I would like to take you to Madrid, to the home of a fashion designer David Delfin and his boyfriend, architect turned photographer Gorka Postigo. What I like about it is how personal and lived in the space is and that dog simply matches into everything.
Photos by Manolo Yllera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...