Thanks for dropping into my Designblog



10 January 2011

        
I came across this image few years ago on parki.is web page and I have loved it ever since -
the purity of those beautiful white walls, the painting, the colour scheme etc.
It is amazing how much effect colours can have on us and how much they can do for our psychologically,
the list of colours is infinite and it is easy to change the colour if we are not happy with it.

'Richard Meier architect was playing a game with his children Joseph and Ana,
''Daddy, what is your favorite colour?'' Every time we play this game,
my response is the same: White.

''But Daddy,'' Joseph says, ''you can’t choose white. White is not a colour; white is not in the rainbow;
you have to choose a color that is, like red or green or blue or yellow.''
And I explain each time that I think white is the most wonderful colour of all,
because within it one can find every colour of the rainbow.'
This is so true and I love this little story.
.
(From the book Richard Meier Architect - 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...