Thanks for dropping into my Designblog



06 January 2011


This is Hof, based is Skagafjörður, Iceland and Skagafjörður is the county where I come from. I am brought up surrounded by this beautiful nature, fresh water and fresh air. There is something very special about the natural light in Iceland, it is so much brighter then anywhere else and the water is simply the best water I have ever tasted. This house is owned by Ingibjörg Pálmadóttir and Baltasar Kormákur, he is a very successful
film producer-director and an actor, a couple that loves horses. Baltasars dad is a very good artist and I am lucky enough to be the owner of one of his
oil-paintings a painting that I love and care about,
hopefully for as long as I live.

I can not help thinking of the architect Högna Sigurðardóttir when I look at those images, our friends own a house designed by her and it has somehow the same feel inside as this building. When you bring the Icelandic nature inside this is very much
the result.........
The turf wall outside is stunning, made by our friend
Helgi Sigurðsson and I am so glad that my husband has worked with him so he knows how to make them, because I might ask him or the two of them, that would be more fun, to make me one,
one day.

Beautiful home via design-milk.com/
Designed by studio granda - studiogranda.is/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...